- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for greasing
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 oz. European or European-style butter,
- softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons The Casa Market Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
Buttery Glaze, recipe follows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt some butter and brush it generously into a bundt pan. Coat the butter with flour and shake off any excess.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk to combine.
4. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each to incorporate before adding the next.
6. When all three eggs have been added, add the vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
7. Combine the milk and buttermilk.
8. Add half the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix on low speed.
9. Drizzle in the milk mixture and mix until it is almost completely combined.
10. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix on low until all ingredients come together.
11. Transfer the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Smooth the top with a small spatula and bang on the counter
12. to remove air bubbles.
13. Bake until golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
14. Cool for 20 minutes before flipping onto a cooling rack.
15. Cool completely.
16. Drizzle the Buttery Glaze over the cake and allow to set for at least 1 hour.
1 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted, plus more as needed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon The Casa Market Vanilla Extract
2 tablespoons whole milk
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well to create a smooth glaze. The finished product should be relatively thick, but still run slightly. If it is too loose, add a tad more sugar.
2. Use glaze immediately. Allow the glaze to set before serving.